Saturday, June 6, 2009

When Your Mind's Made Up

Just saw the movie "Once" yesterday. Somehow I missed it when it first came out, and we keep getting these "free old release" coupons at Blockbuster. When I saw this one, I remembered that I liked a song from it. Boy oh boy. What a great movie. I like this movie in the same way I like "Mrs. Potter." I feel like I really understand the main character.

Anyway, this scene was, by far, my favorite. It's a scene, but also a song. (You'll see what I mean). I don't want to give away the movie, but, in context, the lead singer has just taken out a loan to have this recording studio for a weekend. He knows nothing about recording, and the guy in the soundbooth is super cynical, thinking that he and the band are a bunch of bozos. This is their first take of the song. Love the song. Love the movie. You should rent it (even if you don't have a free coupon.)

No comments: